Thursday, January 8, 2009

Indian Giver

To donate, by dictionary.com's definition, is to "present as a gift, grant, or contribution." The same source dubs a donation as "a voluntary gift."

While browsing through yahoo news, an interesting title caught my eye.

"Man who donated kidney to wife wants it back in divorce."

It baffles me that this man is being taken seriously. He is asking for the kidney to be returned or he wants restitution for it, which is an estimated 1.5 million dollars.

If I donated clothes to the salvation army and later saw someone wearing my old sweater, would I approach that person and ask that they either give my sweater back, or reimburse me for it?? Hell no, I wouldn't.

Just like I wouldn't donate at a blood drive, and then ask the American Red Cross for my blood back.

It's like giving someone a Christmas present and then saying "By the way, you owe me twenty bucks for that"

Talking about his ex wife cheating on him, he says "there's no deeper pain that you can ever express..."

How about the pain of slicing this woman's body open and removing the kidney that was a gift to her? The suffering she'll endure while waiting for a new kidney?

I am fairly certain that taking back his kidney won't make this man any less bitter about his wife's affair, and I think his request is obtuse and should be disregarded in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment