Saturday, January 17, 2009

My first crush

The other day while avoiding getting ready for work, I started filling out bulletin surveys.

I started with a survey that asked "100 truths" of yourself. I answered a few easy questions first, and then I came to a question that asked "who was your first crush?"

I started to type in a couple of the boys from my kindergarten class and then changed my mind... that's pretty cheesy, I thought... who was my first crush anyways?

I decided I didn't like the question, so I cleared the entired bulletin and found a different survey to fill out.

After putting some deep thought into it, I am feeling compelled to answer the one stupid question that I had avoided.

Who was my first crush?

I was about 5 years old, the perfect age for a first crush. Our country was at war... so our television was set on CNN a lot of the time. My mother had her favorite news reporter, and I guess I felt I needed to have a favorite as well.

And so I chose my first crush....

Wolf Blitzer.



Yes, I was five years old. He was fourty-two....

and so began my obsession with older men...

Honestly, I really don't think I thought he was attractive. I was five years old... I am sure I chose him to be my crush because his name was Wolf. Not only is it quite possibly the coolest name ever, but it was easy for a five year old to remember.

So, now that I've spilled the beans.... share with me - who was your first crush?

No comments:

Post a Comment