Monday, November 17, 2008

Learning how to breathe

Upon reading the the title of this blog, you might have braced yourself for a hearbreaking yet empowering read... A tale of depression and devastation followed by the realization that life does go on... Perhaps you expected that "get back on your feet" story that is often associated with a person metaphorically learning how to breathe again...

Sorry to disappoint you with the lack of a deeper hidden meaning... It was just a fancy way to say that I am learning how to breathe when my nose is filled with stubborn, dried, crusty boogers clinging on for dear life, that absolutely refuse to budge no matter how many times a day I blow and sniff and sneeze trying to clear my nasal passages.

Colds are nasty, nasty things.

I'm finding that the old familiar technique of breathing through my nose leaves me gasping for air like a geriatric whose grandkids thought it would be funny to put a kink in the oxygen tubes like they would a garden hose (the results are definitely not as fun as spraying the unsuspecting hoser in the face as they attempt to figure out why the water stopped).

Let me be the first to tell you, it is certainly not easy to breathe through your mouth without looking like a gaping idiot.

So I'm trying to breathe half through my nose and half through my mouth.
From a distance, I probably look like I'm mumbling to myself. Throw in the occasional nose twitching as I try to loosen those disgusting mucus plugs, and I probably look like a crack addict mumbling to myself...

I guess I just have to keep in mind it's only a cold. It WILL go away... and by the time I finally get this new method of breathing figured out, I'll be able to breathe regularly again. Go figure. But then, it won't be long and I'm sure I'll be finding myself under the weather yet again....

'Tis the season... =/

No comments:

Post a Comment