Tuesday, October 14, 2008

attracting new clientele

The other night I was talking to my mom about how I can't attract men that are near my age.

It seems that I keep getting MySpace messages from men that are 29+

I am 23. My last boyfriend was 35.

I joke around that it's hereditary - There is a 12 year age gap between my parents.

I think I also keep forgetting that I'm 23 years old. The last time I was "on the market" I had just turned 18. I guess it's hard to think of myself as getting older, too.

My mom has been right there for me, trying to help me find Mr. Right. She's been wrong about a lot of things.. but, nonetheless, I know she is only trying to help.

And the other night, while discussing the "age" matter, she told me I needed to get "All dolled up" so she could take a new picture for my MySpace. She said obviously the picture I have up obviously isn't doing the trick for me, and I need a new picture that will attract "different clientele."

Umm.. What?

"Clientele?? I ain't no hooker, Mom!" I told her.

She kind of laughed and told me I should know what she means. She's a natural blonde, so I let her get away with it... and I did know what she was talking about.

So, be sure to check my MySpace for a new "All dolled up" picture. I plan to show up for my photo shoot in knee high stiletto boots, fishnet stockings and a corset top. I may even throw in a syringe.

Ok, I'm sure you can sense the sarcasm. I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment