Monday, October 27, 2008

Lipstick Hooligan

Kaden is pretty good about playing by himself when he needs to. He plays with cars, blocks, "folds" clothes, or will even sit and watch a movie for a bit. He's a good kid.

I usually don't think much of it when he's quiet.

I sat here at my computer this afternoon after lunch trying to make changes to my MySpace layout. As it turns out, the profile editor is down, and if you've got any code in the editor your profile is unchangeable until it comes back up, so my efforts were fruitless. Such is life....

Kaden was in his room playing as I typed in code after code and cursed MySpace repeatedly. He was quiet.

And then I knew something was up.

Giggling.

Oh, Lord, here we go. I walked into his room to see what he was giggling over. Imagine the look on my face when I see $9 liquid lipstick in my son's hands.

On my son's hands.
On my son's face.
On my son's neck.
On my son's stomach.

And it won't come off.

I hop online to google how to get lipstick off of a toddler. Baby oil? makeup remover? Let it wear off... Oh God, his dad will love this.

I have to admit, I am a pretty big fan of Maxfactor makeup. They have bold colors you won't find in the "Covergirl" section, and the product is good. Their cream eyeliner is amazing - I put the stuff on and was still wearing it, unsmudged, 2 days later.

This liquid lipstick catastrophe is hard evidence that I didn't need.
Their website boasts specificially about the product my son put to the test: "Endless possibilities for attention-getting, dimensional color that lasts up to 10 hours. In your favorite fashion-forward shades."

I have no idea how I'm going to get it off of him. I may very well just have to let it wear off. Not sure how his dad is going to react to his little boy wearing lipsick. I'll just have to remind him - You can put lipstick on a boy - but he's still a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment