Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crazy Bitch

"your a bitch"


I received this message today in my Truth Box ap on myspace, and am quite confused by it. I'm not sure if it came jokingly from a friend ("Crazy Bitch" is one of my profile songs, after all) or if it came seriously from an enemy.

Either way, the sentence confuses me.


The message I am referring to is the one on top. Now, I'm not going to fully believe that the message is from a girl, because I know for a fact that these messages were not all posted by women... I don't know why the little images to the left are all chicks. Moving onward...

"Your a bitch" is not grammatically correct. The poster has either signed this Truth Box message as being from my bitch, or they are trying to call me a bitch.

You see, the word "your" is a possessive term. It means that whatever comes after that word belongs to me. In this sentence, "a bitch" is mine. However, if they were signing this Truth Box message, the "a" between "your" and "bitch" is unnecessary. This leads me to believe that the author of this message is actually trying to call me a bitch, in which case they should have used the word "you're."

"You're" is a conjunction of the words "you" and "are." Had the author used the proper version of the word, this sentence would clearly read "you are a bitch."

Quite obviously, I really am a bitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment