Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just call me Big Bird.

I have undoubtedly entered the severe "nesting" phase of my pregnancy.

No, I'm not in the yard gathering twigs and leaves to make a bed for the baby... though I have been picking twigs and leaves up off the floor that have gotten tracked in.

I have been cleaning everything and trying to get things ready for the baby.
And it's about damned time.

With just 17 days left until my due date, there is still so much left to get ready. We've got both the crib and bassinet put together and made up, and the little guy has clean clothes put away in his dresser.

But I still have to install the car seat... wash and sterilize the breast pumps and bottles... pack our bags for the hospital, get batteries for the camera... The only diapers in the house are the size of a newborn onesie. I've been racking my memory trying to remember how to take care of a brand new tiny little baby.

Oh yeah, and he still needs a name.

That's probably the biggie. What do babies need? Love - Check. Clothes - Check. A place to sleep - Check. Diapers - Well the hospital will send us home with some, so Check. Food - As long as he'll latch and nurse (Kade would not), then Check. And a name... I think we're close, but there's been no official decision. We'll get there, eventually. It's just a very permanent thing, and that makes it difficult to finalize.

So what have I been doing with my free time instead of packing bags and washing bottles if I am supposedly "nesting?"

Standing on a kitchen chair scrubbing ceiling fans with a toothbrush.

Don't ask me why... Yes, they needed it (most ceiling fans do) but what business do I have, as pregnant as I am, doing it, right? I did the same thing with Kade, except then I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the hardwood floor with the toothbrush.

I guess I really don't have an answer for why I suddenly feel it needs done, but my next project is going to be the lamp in this living room... and if Aaron would let me, I'd use a bulk package of toothbrushes on his entire bedroom... but I don't see him letting me do that! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment