Sunday, October 25, 2009

One size fits some

This afternoon I started going through Kade's clothes as I moved them out of the dresser downstairs and into the dresser upstairs in his room. I am fairly certain we're done with the shorts and tank tops for this season!

As I sorted pants into piles of 2T and 3T, all I could think was that whoever came up with sizing for these clothes obviously has no children of their own.

The 2T's are too small for Kade, while the 3T's are still a bit too big. He turned 3 a month ago. Why are there no in between sizes? And why do they go by years? On this note, what is the difference between clothing sized 24 months, and 2T?

When it comes to size, not all kids are created equal.

It's not just the 2, 3, 4 and 5T sizes either. Baby clothes are sized by months - and I really don't understand that. The 0-3 month size drives me especially nuts.

How do they expect a newborn baby to fit in the same size onesie that a 3 month old baby would wear? Babies grow so fast... And It's become pretty common knowledge that babies outgrow 0-3 month sized clothes long before they turn 3 months old. So why haven't the sizes been updated to go by weight instead of months?

I'm just glad they don't size bra's by age - I would have been wearing a size 20 when I was 12... and God knows I don't want to know how old my boobs would be right now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel!
    I noticed you were a follower of my Blog......just wanted to say I love seeing photos of your sweet little boy and can't wait to see photos of your new baby when it arrives!
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete